Variable Docs - Show variants by options on collections
As soon as the application is installed and turned on, it allows your customers to see variants instead of products.
The design of Variable automatically adjusts to a selected store theme.
To start working you need to configure the app. To change the view logic of variants and their customizing, read How to configure docs and visit the customization page
Using Variable you can show preferable variants on the catalog and collections pages.
There are three main ways for variants to be displayed:
- Show all variants (default)
- Display variants with selected options
- Hide variants with selected options
Show all variants
The app displays all available variants for each product. Except variants that are marked as hidden.
Display variants with selected options
You can select options from the whole list of the product options set. And Variable will display variants that have different values of these selected options.
Hide variants with selected options
You can select options from the whole list of product option set. So Variable displays variants that have different values of all product options except selected.
There are a lot of possibilities to set up variants titles:
- product title. Each variant has the same title as its product has
- variant default title. All variant options are joined with the '/' symbol. Ex: Green / cotton / xl
- variant title with comma separation. All variant options are joined with the ',' symbol. Ex: Green, cotton, xl
- product title and in round brackets variant default title. Ex: T-shirt (Green / cotton / xl)
- custom title. Set up your own pattern of variants naming
You can create your own pattern for variants title using helpers.
For adding real data of variant click on helpers and it will be shown with curly brackets around in the text field.
- product title
- option values
- product type
- variant SKU
To show variants on the home page or for the featured collections, you can turn off the "Display only on collection pages" option on the customization page. For now, not all the themes are supported. Therefore if the above configuration doesn't help, feel free to contact our support team, we'll be happy to configure it manually.